FAQ & Anti Scam
Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
- The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or check.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or ...).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I place an ad?
- It's very easy to place an ad: click on the button "Post free Ads" above right.
- What does it cost to advertise?
- The publication is 100% free throughout the website.
- If I post an ad, will I also get more spam e-mails?
- Absolutely not because your email address is not visible on the website.
- How long will my ad remain on the website?
- In general, an ad is automatically deactivated from the website after 3 months. You will receive an email a week before D-Day and another on the day of deactivation. You have the ability to put them online in the following month by logging into your account on the site. After this delay, your ad will be automatically removed permanently from the website.
- I sold my item. How do I delete my ad?
- Once your product is sold or leased, log in to your account to remove your ad.